I’ve been thinking it’s been way to long since I’ve written something about baking, so I’m going to share with you a great recipe.
This is by far my favorite recipe for chocolate cupcakes. They come out so moist and delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 espresso powder (optional) – you can substitute this for a teaspoon of coffee or coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder to a large bowl. (a stand mixer will work fine also) Whisk till combined.
- Add your milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat ingredients on medium then reduce speed and slowly add the boiling water.
- Beat on high for about one minute.
- Evenly distribute batter – each liner should be 3/4ths full.
- Put in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, put cupcakes on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare icing and decorate.