What’s Christmas without making some sort of holiday goodie right? I went to a friend’s house with my family and had a blast making and decorating all sorts of cookies! Do you bake anything special for Christmas?
Have a blessed week!!
So, Sorry I haven’t been blogging much…. I have to get back into the habit of blogging. I have been writing a lot more posts, so be prepared! I’ve been wanting to do some hair tutorials, but two days ago….. I dropped my camera….. IN WATER!!!! yeah…. it’s in rice right now, but the wait is killing me!!
Now… on to the post…
So, a little while ago, I tried starbucks. (and loved it!!!) I have only had about four drinks from starbucks. (I actually went to a starbucks in Canada!! see post here. ) I actually made a list of what I wanted to try there, and this is what is left….
*disclaimer: I have only been a starbucks fan for a little over a year, so these are just drinks I have heard of and want to try.
1. Chile’ Mocha and Chile’ Mocha Frappuccino
I recently heard of this and the unique mixture sounds intriguing.
2. Peppermint Hot Chocolate
My friends don’t drink coffee, so this is what they get most of the time. I haven’t gotten around to trying it.
3. Caramel Apple Spice
I don’t know about you, but this just sounds awesome!!
4. Pumpkin Spice Latte
I cannot believe I have not tried this yet!! It seems like a pretty popular type of coffee
5. Chai Tea Latte
I don’t know what mixing tea and coffee would taste like, but I want to try it.
6. Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato
7. Caramel Waffle Cone
An interesting coffee flavor, plus I LOVE caramel
8. Cupcake Creme Frappuccino
Ok, this has got to be good
9. Cotton Candy Frappuccino
I don’t quite know what to think but I want to try it and see if it actually tastes like cotton candy.
10. Caramel Macchiato
I LOVE caramel macchiatos and I’m excited to try one of Starbuck’s
And… this wraps up this post!! Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried Starbucks, what your favorite drink there, and if you’ve heard of any of these flavors.
Have an awesome week!!
I’ve been thinking it’s been way to long since I’ve written something about baking, so I’m going to share with you a great recipe.
This is by far my favorite recipe for chocolate cupcakes. They come out so moist and delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 espresso powder (optional) – you can substitute this for a teaspoon of coffee or coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder to a large bowl. (a stand mixer will work fine also) Whisk till combined.
- Add your milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Beat ingredients on medium then reduce speed and slowly add the boiling water.
- Beat on high for about one minute.
- Evenly distribute batter – each liner should be 3/4ths full.
- Put in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, put cupcakes on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare icing and decorate.
This recipe is for peanut butter pie. My family loves peanut butter pie and I wanted to try and make it. So here it is!
1 8 oz. packaged cream cheese – Beat
1 cup confectioner sugar – Beat
1/2 cup peanut butter – Beat
1/2 cup milk – Beat
9 oz. Cool Whip – Beat
Pie shell- 8 inch
Whip all together – Pour in baked pie shell. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve.
Notes: You can sprinkle with chopped nuts if you want, we like to put chocolate syrup on the pie. Also, if you don’t like a strong cream cheese taste, just refrigerate for less time.